25 GIFs That Only Nurses Will Understand
Being a nurse is like being inducted into one of the most hardworking and frequently tired families. It builds a bond between nurses where no matter where you are in the world, you have much of the same shared experiences. Here are 25 of the most relatable nursing experiences that you'll want to share with your friends.
1. When you realize that no one really knows what nurses do.
2. When people ask you if you became a nurse to marry a doctor.
3. When you have to work 12 hour shifts back to back.
4. But you get 4 days off all to yourself.
5. When a patient comes in and tells you they’ve webmd’d their symptoms.
6. When your family members won’t stop asking you to diagnose them.
7. When the patient won't stop pressing the call button.
8. When you’re left to deal with the whole floor practically by yourself.
9. When you’ve washed your hands so many times, you don't know if they’ll ever be soft again.
10. When you have to deal with a doctor who doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
11. But you can’t say anything unless you want to get in trouble with the charge nurse.
12. When you have a patient refer to you as “just a nurse” after you spent all day advocating for them to their doctor.
13. When you have to wait in line to chart something.
14. When you sit down for the first time in the whole shift and hear the call bell.
15. When you realize you’ve spent the whole shift without eating anything.
16. When you don’t know the last time you went to the bathroom. In fact, what is a bathroom?
17. 2 words...Compression stockings.
18. When you finish your CEs. (Especially if you used NursingCE.com to get your CEU in the quickest and easiest way possible😉)
19. When a patient yells at you for something you can't control.
20. When you can’t tell your non-work friends about how work has been because they’ll get grossed out.
21. When people think you spend your entire night shift taking naps or doing nothing.
22. When you start thinking 'is this all worth it' after working 3 tough 12 hour shifts.
23. When you start feeling really underappreciated.
24. But then you get that one amazing patient.
25. And you realize that there’s nothing else you’d rather be doing than this.
NursingCE.com is a brand of ATI Nursing Education that offers comprehensive continuing education courses to help you earn your CEUs fast and efficiently. We offer a variety of continuing education courses for nurses that are ANCC-accredited that you can use to renew your license while keeping you up to date on the latest advances in care and treatment.
What Do You Have to Do?
Create a free account on NursingCE.com and complete your required hours quickly and efficiently. After you’re done, you can purchase all of your certificates for $39.00 and you’ll be set for the next two years. After that, sit back, relax and enjoy everything that you normally do about being a nurse.
If you need assistance with anything, don’t forget to take advantage of our dedicated customer service team via phone and email. We’re here to help you earn your CEs.