What Are Illinois Nursing CE Requirements?
Many states in the U.S. require a certain number of contact hours for license renewal. As a registered nurse and licensed practical nurse in Illinois, you are required to complete 20 continuing education hours every two years. Nurse Practitioners are required to complete 50 CE hours every two years. 10 of those 50 CE hours must be in pharmacology.
While there are no state required courses that you have to take as an RN and a LPN, you should complete your 20 CE hours with courses that will benefit your education and career.
Check out these courses to meet your Illinois CE requirements:
- Pain Management (5 Contact Hours)
- Substance Abuse and Addiction (5 Contact Hours)
- Child Maltreatment (3 Contact Hours)
- Medical Errors (5 Contact Hours)
- HIV/AIDS (6 Contact Hours)
- Infection Control (6 Contact Hours)
- Domestic and Community Violence (3 contact hours)
You can get started by creating a free account on NursingCE.com to complete your Illinois Nursing CEU requirements. You can review all of our courses and assessments on your laptop or mobile device.